Wednesday 15 February 2012

Life drawings


This was my first life drawing, I soon realized that just drawing the silhouette wasn't capturing the full body movement.




I then did some research on drawings with movement. One of the many books I looked at struck me when looking at body movement through a different perspective. I soon realized that the body is actually made up of ovals.




I tried many different ways of drawing figures during movement. I focused on using charcoal and then moved onto pencil.




I found I was taking a lot of time when drawing with pencil. Drawing with charcoal reminded me that drawing with so much detail wasn't necessary at this stage.


I found it really easy to draw with charcoal. I was able to produce sketches like the one above in just 30 seconds.




Again, drawing from observation using ovals.




I was able to explore many different body movements when sketching from observation at the local swimming pool.



Drawing from observation at the gym.




Animation techniques - skeleton.







After time, I found that drawing from observation was becoming a lot easier. 





No comments:

Post a Comment