Monday 10 October 2011

Making my animation set x

This is the hill which I am making for my animation set. I made the hill out of chicken wire which I shaped into the hill shape. I then cut lots of strips of mod-rock and dipped the bits individually in water and covered the chicken wire in strands of mod-rock. After the mod-rock had went solid, I cut really thin strands of mod-rock and twisted them to make the textured hill from The Nightmare before Christmas.
These are pillars which I am making to put either side of the gate. These are made from blue foam which I got from the technology department at school. The technician used an electric hack saw to cut the blue foam into the correct shape. Before painting the pillars, I had to paint the blue foam with emulsion. I have left them in school drying and I am sure they will be dry by tomorrow :)
These are the gates which I have made for the entrance to my set. I have made the gates from wire and florist wire. I think the gates were the most difficult to make as they took the most time as they were really tricky to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment