Tuesday 3 May 2011

Portraiture

On April 8th, I had the great pleasure of photographing three girls, Yvonne Waterfield, Fionnuala McGrory and Rylea O'Neill. The theme for my photoshoot was crazy hair and makeup. I used photos of celebrities such as Eleanor Jackson and Lady Gaga as inspiration for the makeup. I did the photoshoot in my house in the corner of a room which I have converted into my own 'mini studio'. 


As I did Yvonnes makeup for the shoot, I mainly focused on her makeup. I used purple eyeshadow as I knew it would contrast with Yvonnes dark hair, eyebrows and eyes. 


I had all of my models wear boob tubes as I find wearing tops with logos or writing on them takes the focus off of the model and onto the top. For Ryleas makeup, I used an orange and green colour theme. I liked Ryleas look in the shoot because She suited her hair being pushed back. I used Eleanor Jacksons makeup in 'Bulletproof' as help for Ryleas makeup.


I had previously seen pictures of models on Americas next top model, doing a crazy hair and makeup shoot with paint on them. I liked the shoot so much that I created this shoot without the paint as I thought it could end a little messy. 


This photo was my absolute favourite! The contrast between the girls blue eyes, dark eyebrows and the red and green paint was beautiful.


Fionnuala looked absolutely amazing for the shoot. I think that her look worked the best. Her blue eyes and brown hair definitely worked well with the blue and red makeup. The close ups of Fionnuala worked the best for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment